September 12, 2015

How to convert webpages into pdf files


  • Imagine you want your students to read an article from a webpage or a blog post but don't want to rely on the internet. 
  • Imagine you want to share a text from the internet with your students but don't want all those images from ads.
  • Imagine you want to print an article from a webpage but don't want to waste so much ink with images and ads.

What can you do?

I'd like to share one of my most used tools at the moment. I often assign readings to students and more and more good articles can be found online. However, relying on wifi connection is not something I can count on right now, unfortunately.

This is what you can do:
1. Download the google chrome extension PRINT FRIENDLY & PDF .
2. Open the website/article you would like to share with your students.
3. Click the Print Friendly & PDF extension.
4. Delete the parts of the text which you think are not vital.
5. Download the pdf file.
6. Share the PDF file with students.

Learn how it works.











3 comments:

Gosia / LessonPlansDigger said...

This is great, thank you so much for sharing! I also often use online articles with my students, and so far, whenever I wanted them to have their own copy of the text, I'd copy it to Word, edit, and then save the document as PDF. This tool will definitely make my life easier from now on.

oyodental said...

great post, i like your article very much

Leonardo said...

Very nice tip. I tested it right now and worked. Thanks for sharing!
By the way, as a teacher in public contexts, I guess it is going to help me a lot. In return, I´d like to share another tip: It is possible to upload files at onedrive.com and create a link for our students to download them later in any format. This is the way I found to work outside the classroom with supporting materials.